Total Score: 29.5
Beach Buggy Racing is playful, colorful and offers plenty of options to test out your inner race driver. I rarely review games as I am not a frequent game player. Having said that, after purchasing Apple TV I went looking for a game and, luckily found this one. It is fun for me (the rookie) and for my son (the gamer). It is not only for Apple TV – this game is a winner on the iPhone as well.
Price Rating = 5 Free. You can get a lot of game play out of the free version. I did eventually upgrade to the premium version ($4.99). There are also other upgrades available, to buy coins and gems.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 The most basic player can find the fun in this game. You can play with game controllers, or just by tilting your iPhone/iPad
Readability Rating = 5 The font is very readable – even at iPhone size.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 We find ourselves going back to the game frequently.
Downsides Rating =0 The only minor downside (and I didn’t deduct for it) is that you can run out of coins after eight games. All you need to do is stop and start the game and you get new coins. If you find you like the game and upgrade, you no longer have this issue.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 Over 3,900 reviews the vote is in – the game is popular and fun.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Using a game like this can improve your eye-hand coordination and is just fun. If you are an expert at gaming you can go to higher and higher levels. If you are not so skilled (like me) you can laugh at the sound effects of hitting various benches, chickens, gulls and such on the street.
How does it work?
- When you open the app, the game loads up and you are ready to play quickly. There are several paths to start, but the simplest is just to hit PLAY.
- There are options to explore, but you can get to the race by hitting CAREER and then CHOOSE SERIES.
- You begin at Easy Street and then open other games with your success on Easy Street. Tap EASY STREET to get to your race.
- Easy street does have three options. The first are two different tracks – streets or beach. The third is a challenge race. Tap PLAY to begin.
- If you have a game controller, you can use it to control movements, without it you just tilt and turn your iPhone. I got my lowest score on the iPhone, so that says something to the control on the phone.
- Using the back button you can get to settings and control audio, the controls and graphics.
- After you master playing the game you can upgrade your vehicle, change driver, add power-ups and other features.
As I said earlier, the game is very playful. The sound effects add to the fun. The fact that you can go really far in the game with the free version makes this one particularly appealing. I provided information about the game, but I am far from experienced – there is much more to this app then just what I described. Download it and let me know what you think.
Devices: This app can be used on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and is compatible with Apple TV. It requires iOS 7.0 or later. The app is developed by Vector Unit.