Total Score: 29
Adobe Spark Post is the graphics app you have searched for. It is super easy to make professional-looking graphics and is loaded with options to make your graphics uniquely you. Whether you start with your own photo or use one of their themes/designs you’ll find just what you need. And…. it’s Adobe. One of the brands you trust.
Price Rating = 5 Free. There are some in-app upgrades, but this app, as it stands, is fully functional.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 I found it really easy to enhance my images.
Readability Rating = 4.5 I did all of my testing on the iPhone and the text is relatively small.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I do a fair amount of posting on Instagram, so I know I will. While testing I created three different images for future posting.
Downsides Rating =0 I didn’t find any downsides.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 Over 1,300 reviews and very few negative comments. The few that exist relate to the sign-on process.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 If you use social media you likely would like to add graphics to your photos occasionally. If you have a small business and no graphics person, this app will be extremely handy.
How does it work?
- When you open the app you see a sign-on screen. You have several options. I had an Adobe account, so that was my path.
- The app opens at the REMIX screen (the icon on the bottom left). Your starting point is to tap on one of the categories shown at the top of the screen or tap the PLUS sign (the icon in the middle on the bottom) to add your own photo.
- Once you have chosen a photo (yours or one of the search photos), your new option is to choose how you are going to be sharing – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook Ad and even more options. Make your choice and tap NEXT.
- Text appears on the screen, you just tap it to change the text. I would suggest you test out the themes (the first icon on the left bottom) – there are some great designs, if you choose a theme, many of the decisions are made for you. The next steps will be if you start with a photo and apply your own theme.
- You have the ability to change the color of the text, font, shape (graphic around the text), alignment, opacity and spacing. And, best of all, you can animate the text. There are also photo filters you can add.
- The MY POSTS icon at the bottom is an album of your photos.
Overall, the functionality is intuitive and the learning curve is very short. This app inspires me to take photos, enhance photos and post photos. I’m hooked. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Devices: This app can be used on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 8.0 or later. The app is developed by Adobe.