Total Score: 28.5
Are you looking for an app that allows you to enhance your photos – and is super simple? If so, Bitpoem – Photo Filters and Effects is the solution. The options vary from simple to slightly more advanced, but all are easy to master.
Price Rating = 5 Free. Amazing functionality at no charge. It is possible that they will go back to charging for this app. It was free at the time of the review.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 A tutorial makes it easy to get started quickly. There is a small learning curve on some of the more complex features. The best option is to try a filter and see if you like it.
Readability Rating = 5 I tested it on the iPhone and the text is sometimes small, but easy to read based on the contrast between font color and background.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 It you are an amateur photographer or hobbyist, or just like to share your photos through social media, you’ll find this app a perfect fit.
Downsides Rating =0 I did not find any downsides. Some people complained that you can only do one effect at a time, I didn’t find that a problem.
Consumer Review Rating = 3.5 There have been over 100 reviews and people are reacting positively to the app. The reviews are spread distinctly between five stars or one star. I guess you either love it or hate it.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 If you have been envious of the skill your friends and followers use when creating photos, now is the time to up your game.
How does it work?
- When you open the app you have three choices – choose a photo from your own library (which requires giving the app permission), taking a picture or logging in through Facebook to get to Bitpoem. I did not test the login through Facebook.
- You should use the camera option (the center icon) if you know from the start that you want to take a photo and apply effects.
- For me, looking at the photos I took and looking for improvement opportunities was the first step. I found a photo I liked and started applying filters. Applying a filter is as simple as drawing a line or shape where you want the filter to be applied. For my first picture I chose the flower shown below and applied blackout filter to all the greenery surrounding the flower. Then I applied the vibrant filler to the flower. You can pinch and zoom to allow you to get to the fine detail of the photo.
- You can apply a filter and then undo (command is at the bottom left) it if you don’t like the way it looks. You can go back at any time (command is a the top left) or you can just clear all changes.
- When you have completed your masterpiece, you process it (command is at the top right). You get a comment about your photo as confirmation that it is complete. You can then save it or share it – or both.
- You can share to Instagram, Message, Mail, Twitter, Facebook and various other options.
I have had a ton of fun with this app. I have already recommended it to all of my friends and believe you should give it a try as well – especially if it is still free. Bitpoem’s slogan is “ignite your creativity.” It certainly did ignite mine. Try it out and share your photo masterpieces.
Devices: This app can be used on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 8.0 or later. The app was developed by Bitpoem, Inc. Check out their website for information about this app.
I took the photo below. I applied the vibrant filter on the flowers and blackout on the background. I can see one small place that I could have improved by pinching and zooming to get to that nook, but considering this was only my second photo test, I think I did a pretty good job.