Total Score: 28
Want to see your calendar without unlocking your phone? The iCal widget provides you that functionality in a nice clean format. You can see a week at a glance – and even scan future weeks. What else would you need?
Price Rating = 5 Free.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 Very easy. It is pretty much just install and you are done.
Readability Rating = 4 The font is small, but readable.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 For most people checking a schedule is a daily, if not weekly task.
Downsides Rating =0 I didn’t find any downsides.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 There haven’t been a lot of reviews, but most are very positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Widgets are designed to save you time and make viewing content easy. This one delivers.
How does it work?
- When you download the app, the first question is to get permission to access your calendar. You must say yes in order for this to work.
- The next screen allows you to create settings. You make your choices (examples: start day of the week, number of days, 24-hours vs. limiting to set hours)
- You also set which calendars to show if you have multiple calendars.
- Once installed, you can to to your notification screen and tap EDIT. The next screen indicates which widgets are active.
- From that point, you can activate iCal and then determine the position for the widget.
Easy Peasy – you install this widget and have access to your calendar with just a swipe down on your phone. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 8.0 or later. The App was developed by Crater Tech, LLC. Currently their website is under development.