Total Score: 29.5
The Over – Creative Typography, Graphic Design and Photo Editing app, allows even the most novice person to create interesting and unique artwork. I have always been impressed by people who could do this, and now I have joined their ranks. Okay, I’m still an amateur – but now I have the ability to create my own original work.
Price Rating = 5 $3.99. It was free on the date I wrote this review. There are multiple in-app purchases that could add additional cost. They are all reasonable, varying from $.99 to $4.99. I can see myself buying some of these upgrades.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It was, as the app description says, “simple and intuitive.” I recommend watching the in-app video, but I figured out most of the functionality without it.
Readability Rating = 5 The font size is smallish – both in the iPhone and iPad
Will You Use It Rating = 5 Photography is a primary function on an iPhone. Being able to enhance the photo in a creative way is a slam dunk.
Downsides Rating =0 I didn’t run into any difficulties.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 Over 7,700 reviews for this app. A lot of people commented, “I love this app…”
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 I feel like this was an app that I needed – or at least highly desired. At the moment it is absolutely addictive. If you take photos and want to add something personal to them in a professional way – this is the app you need.
How does it work?
- When you open the app you can look around at options, or you can just tap on the word “new” on the top right. This creates a canvas to work with. You choose the background you want – one of your pictures such as, the font you want, the color of the font (if that is available) and “ta da” you created a new piece of art.
- You can move text around just by holding and moving the text right to left or up and down.
- You can screen the text back (opacity). You can also enlarge or reduce the size of the text.
- The way you select the color of the font is genius! You tap on the circle in the color line and move that circle around until you find the color in the picture you want to match. It is crazy easy.
- You can also download free daily artwork. It has been created by others. You might find just the art you wanted.
I have envied others who created art like this and now I have the tools I need. Download it and see what you think. I think you’ll be as delighted as I am. My biggest challenge will be to not overdo it.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 8.0 or later. The App was developed by Over, LLC Check out their website for information about this app.