Total Score: 30
Sworkit – Workout App for Daily Exercise and Fitness Workouts is the perfect app for a person who is looking to kick-start an exercise plan or a seasoned fitness fanatic who wants an app that offers great workouts any time of the day – on demand. This is definitely one that I will be recommending to my fitness buddies.
Price Rating = 5 Free. There are upgrades to premium – $2.99 for a month or $19.99 for a year. The cost isn’t too high, if you find it works for you. I did get ads in the free version.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to select a type of exercise, and it is beyond easy to find five minutes a day.
Readability Rating = 5 I found the font size to be completely readable. Even without my glasses
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I think this is a great motivator to kick off an exercise problem. Who doesn’t have five minutes a day?
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t find any problems.
Consumer Review Rating = 5 This app has over 10,000 reviews and it has five stars! Not many apps do as well.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 As I mentioned before, it’s a great way to get started on an exercise program – or tweak your existing one. You can choose from strength, cardio, yoga or stretching. Or create a custom program.
How does it work?
- Step one for this app is to fill in some basic information about you. This should take less than five minutes and is not intrusive. And, you can skip and add information later.
- Return the HOME page and select a type of exercise. Each one is five minutes. Seems so doable.
- I selected one of the yoga workouts and the five minutes went by quickly. I received a bronze medal for five minutes of exercise a day. If you do 15 minutes a day you get 30 points for a gold.
- There is a list of exercises if you have something particular in mind. They are targeted to particular areas of the body. Videos are available to ensure you are doing it correctly.
- I haven’t fully explored the functionality, but apparently there is a way to earn points to get a gift card. This does require getting an mPoints account – which is different from the Sworkit company.
- In some of the exercise programs (like in stretching) some exercises may only be available for premium customers.
- If you have Spotify downloaded on your device you can have music with the workout – which was a nice addition.
I didn’t download and test the other Sworkit apps, but there are ones that target body parts (butt, lower body, upper body, etc.) and one designed for kids. The basic Daily one is a perfect companion.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone (and Apple Watch), iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 7.1 or later. The App was developed by Nexercise, Inc. Check out their website for information about this app.