Total Score: 29
If you are looking for a job you need all the tools you can possible find. Linkedin Job Search is a valuable app to use during your effort. What do you have to lose? At the worst, you’ll see the jobs you are interested in the area you want and be able to apply quickly online. At best, you’ll find yourself the job of your dreams.
Price Rating = 5 Free. You can upgrade for a Job Seeker Subscription for $29.99 month. This is the standard LinkedIn upgrade. I haven’t tried it, so have no opinion on the benefits.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 There are four simple choices – search, discover, track and notifications.
Readability Rating = 5 The fonts are not large, but are readable.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 If you are looking for a job, this app is a nice addition. Maybe a must.
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t take off points for it, but some users felt it was duplicative functionality with LinkedIn. I thought it varied enough to be useful. The only flaw I discovered was that if I applied through my iPad, that info did not transfer to my iPhone version of the app quickly. It eventually did, but not as soon as I would have expected.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 At the time of this review, there were over 1,800 reviews and, for the most part, they were positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Looking for a job is definitely something you must do online. This is a valuable tool for that effort.
How does it work?
- This app connects to your LinkedIn account (to make it easy to apply for jobs) and when you first download it, you’ll need to use your LinkedIn sign-on.
- The options are simple. All icons are at the bottom of the screen. The first icon is SEARCH. You put in the job title or keyword, the location you are interested in and tap search. The search returns jobs that are exactly like, or similar to what you put in. From this point, you can tap on the job to read more about it, and if you are interested, you can tap the APPLY or SAVE buttons. This screen also allows you to create a job alert for this type of job.
- The DISCOVER icon brings up jobs that are popular “among people like you.” I am not entirely sure what that means, but it does (for me) bring in jobs that could generally be tied to my jobs skills.
- You can use the TRACK icon to see which jobs you have viewed, saved, or applied.
- NOTIFICATIONS are where you can read news about your applications and results of your saved searches.
I’ll need some job seeking users to tell me if it worked. I can tell you that during the test period, I applied for a job (quite easily), got a notice that the application went to the hiring manager and I was notified that the hiring manager read the application. This was all within a very short period of time. Whether or not I get that particular job, I was impressed by the functionality. If you have used the app, successfully, or not, I would appreciate any comments.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 8.0 or later. The App was developed by Linkedin Corporation. Check out their website for information about this app.