Total Score: 29.5
I have to admit that I enjoy housework, but tend to procrastinate. My dream is to commit to a regular schedule of cleaning that doesn’t involve devoting a whole day to the process. Using the Tody for iPhone or iPad app allows you to plan your long-term and short-term cleaning projects, schedule them and get reminders. With this app I can balance my work, hobbies and responsibilities and keep a clean house. I think this is going to become one of my favorite apps.
Price Rating = 5 Free. Some functionality requires an app upgrade. Three months for .99 and a one year subscription for $3.99.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It was easy to add tasks. Standard rooms are available and it was easy to add non-standard rooms – like an outdoor patio.
Readability Rating = 5 Nice size font, and I used an iPhone.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 Absolutely. I always create lists for my spring cleaning. With this app, my list is ready to go.
Downsides Rating = 0 So far, I haven’t found any.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 With over 200 ratings and only a few negatives sprinkled around, it seems to be well received by users.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Having a clean house eliminates some stress and this app allows you to break the cleaning up into easy to carry out chunks.
How does it work?
- When you open the app you have some screens that help walk you through adding tasks. You tap on AREA to start your scheduling.
- Once you select a room you tap CREATE. The room is now on your list and you tap the slide bar next to the name of the area to choose a specific task. Based on the room, certain tasks are prepopulated. For a living or kitchen you will see vacuüm or mop floor. For a bathroom you will see clean shower or tub, clean mirrors, etc.
- You can choose OTHER as a task and it allows you to create your own task.
- Now that you have a task you can set the frequency by days, weeks or months.
- The next screen takes you to a scale of how clean it is now.
- Once you do this you can tap on the sliding scale (which also tells you when it is due) and mark it the task is done, that you did it in the past or schedule it for a specific date. You can also add notes at this point.
- There is an option to share the list with others. I did not test this functionality. It does require an app upgrade. It isn’t really an expensive upgrade, so it is something to consider.
I tested it on both the iPad and iPhone. I plan on using it on the iPhone, but it works just as well on the iPad. I am a planner and a list maker, so this app hits the sweet spot for me. I think it will help keep me on a good cleaning regime. I’ll come back later and update this article to tell you how it goes. If you try it, let me know what you think.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Requires iOS 7.0 or later. It is optimized for iPhone 5. The languages available are English, Danish, German and Japanese. Additional information can be found on the Tody website.