Total Score: 29.5
Looking for a way to manage all of your passwords? Passible (for iPhone or iPad) is an elegant solution. I loaded all my passwords and have used it regularly – if not daily. I used another password manager for about a year. I found it easy to add passwords, but hard to find them. And, my previous app didn’t have the ability to export/import passwords. So, all my problems are solved and I am an evangelist for this app!
Price Rating = 5 $2.99. 70% off sale 2/14/15. This app is worth the money – on sale or not.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 Easy to add new passwords. Easy to find existing ones.
Readability Rating = 5 Decent size font, very easy to read. I tested on both the iPhone and iPad, both display well.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I have a lot of passwords and have already used this app a lot.
Downsides Rating = 0 So far, I haven’t found any.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 There are over 400 ratings which include comments like, “Beautifully designed and easy to use,” and “Finally getting organized.”
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 It is important to use different passwords. Using the same passwords increases your risk of password theft. So… now that you have multiple passwords you need to manage them.
How does it work?
- When you sign in you set a master pass code. Once created, you can either use it, or toggle on the Touch ID unlock feature (if that is available on your device).
- Sample passwords are included to show you how to enter your passwords. It is very easy.
- Tap the PLUS sign in in the top right hand corner.
- Fill in all, or some, of the blanks included. Options are: website, user name, password, folder, display name and notes.
- Other options are included, and will be described below.
- When you set up a password you can choose it as one of your favorites (using the HEART symbol). You can also come back and do this through the edit feature later.
- It has a feature, which they call “peeking,” which allows you to quickly look at a password without revealing a lot on your screen. This could be handy which you are checking your password in public.
- To edit, you select/display the password record and tap the PENCIL icon on the top right.
- Creating folders organizes your passwords. But, you wouldn’t need to do that (although I did) because you can use the SEARCH feature at the top of the page.
- I like to keep my passwords off the cloud (yes, I know this is paranoid) and this app allows me to do this. You can use the links within PASSIBLE to sign into websites. I haven’t tried this, but it is something that can be done.
- One of my favorite features is the Password Analyzer, which can be found on the INDEX icon – top left of the screen. It looks at the passwords you have entered, gives them a grade and tells you what you could do to improve them.
- You can export/import the passwords (encrypted) and send them to other devices (like an iPad – I just did it and it was incredible easy) or to be saved in a secure place.
- You can also enter credit card information. I haven’t done this yet, but may consider it.
- The app uses AES-256 encryption which is also used by the military, banks and governments. The app website indicates that no one can see your data, including them.
The app is an App Editor’s award winner, and I can see why. It fits my needs perfectly. Wonderful organization, clear display, easy to edit and it appears to be secure. I highly recommend it.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Requires iOS 7.0 or later. It is optimized for iPhone 5. It was developed by Clear Sky Apps.