Total Score: 27
Loop Journal is easy to use and makes keeping track of your thoughts and ideas seamless. I have tried a number of apps with this type of functionality, but none captured my attention like this one. I look forward to the questions, and often look ahead to see the next day’s question so I can think about it. I schedule the prompt for early evening when I sit down to relax. It helps me put my day in context. I have used it for about two months. I can’t wait until it circles back next year.
Price Rating = 5 $1.99. As I have mentioned before. Free is nice, but I don’t mind paying for someone’s creativity – when it helps build mine.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 Very easy to use. You can write as much or as little as you like.
Readability Rating = 5 I do it on my iPhone and the text is easy to read. I love white space and there is plenty of it.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I know I do. Having failed at this with other apps, I wasn’t sure I would. But the ease of use just makes it too simple to not do. On most days it takes me less than three minutes to capture my thoughts.
Downsides Rating = 0 60+ days and not one glitch.
Consumer Review Rating = 2 Only one review. The person who reviewed it wanted more functionality. I am perfectly happy with the functionality and would have rated it a 5. It does exactly what I need it to do – help me capture moments of my day. Having said that, the designer could consider a feature that would allow for uploading photos. I thought of it only once in the time I tested, and it didn’t matter that much, but I could see how it might be a nice feature.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Keeping a journal keeps life in perspective.
How does it work?
- There is no special setup – you just get started. The opening screen is the current day and a question. You’ll note that it shows the current year as well. As time goes on, the year will change.
- You tap answer and type as much as you like. There is no “done” icon to click. I just click the arrow at the top and it goes back to the date and shows my text.
- You can click on the icon at the top and see how many days you have answered the questions. Then click “today” to come back to home.
- The Settings icon at the top allows you to change between six different color schemes. You can also set the daily reminder and a pass code.
- You can, if you wish, sync the content with Dropbox.
It can’t get much easier than that! I enjoy this app for its simplicity, because it prompts thoughts and because it has made me successful at keeping a journal. I have already recommended to my friends, and now I recommend it to you.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. It is optimized for iPhone 5. It was developed by Openmouse Studio .