Total Score: 29.5
There are certainly many ways to create a reminder. Photo Reminders uses all the best ways to remind yourself to do something – voice, image and text. Need peanut butter, snap a photo and send yourself a reminder when you know you are going to the grocery store. See a great pair of shoes at store. Snap a photo and send yourself a note to remind you to do an online search. You’ll think of all kinds of ways to use this app—phone calls to make, classes to attend, medicine to take, etc.
Price Rating = 5 Free.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to add photos, or take photos and create a reminder.
Readability Rating = 5 Nice large black text on a white background.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I quickly thought of several reminders while I was testing. So, yes, I think I will continue using this one.
Downsides Rating = 0 I had no problems with the app.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 There are less than 20 reviews at this time, but all are positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Sometimes I leave myself cryptic messages. Having a photo along with the message will help jog my memory. Plus, the photo could stand in for text. Yes, I’ll be using this one.
How does it work?
- When you download the app it goes through the basic set-up routine. It asks you a few questions and then has you log in an email and a password. Fairly simple.
- Adding a reminder is easy. It comes preloaded with some messages to help you understand what you need to do. You tap the PLUS icon in the top right corner to start a new reminder. You can take a photo or either select one from your library. When you set up a reminder it adds it to your calendar.
- I had to go into the notification center to make it work as I expected. I tested both a banner and an alert. A banner does not require an action, it just appears at the top of your screen. An alert requires you to tap a box, which then goes to the Photo Reminders app. You can select which one works best for you.
- You can tap the microphone icon to add a voice message to the reminder.
- You then set a date and time for the alert. And, add a message that will appear in your banner or alert.
- You can “complete” the task by checking the box in the app or Instead of completing the task, you can change the date (to remind you again) by tapping the three dots beside the photo and adjusting the date and time.
- You can share reminders with your friends. You can email the reminder. It sends an email with a link to the app – I assume so you can add it to your photo reminders app. You can also send it via message, Twitter and Facebook.
- You can have it show completed messages, or you can hide them. You adjust that by tapping ALARM DATE at the top center of the home screen.
- You can set the order for the reminders by alarm date, date of creation, or title. That could help you find one if you had a lot pending.
- It also synchronizes with Evernote. I did not try that functionality.
Considering this is free, it is a nice, full-featured app with useful functionality. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Requires iOS 7.0 or later. (Note, it was tested using iOS8) It is optimized for iPhone 5. It was developed by Uladzisau.