Total Score: 30
The Ultimate Trivia: The Quiz App challenges your knowledge of current events, music, science and the arts. It has a similar format to the popular game show, “So You Want to Be a Millionaire.” You earn (digital) money for correct answers and have a few options to get some help. It’s a bit addictive and plenty of fun.
Price Rating = 5 Free. There are ads that flash at the top, but they aren’t too distracting. You can upgrade to get rid of them.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It’s a simple design, which suits its purpose.
Readability Rating = 5 On the iPhone the font is smaller, but readable. On the iPad it is nice and large.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 As I mentioned above, it’s a bit addictive and easy to play. I think you will find it a good way to start your day or to fill time when waiting at appointments.
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t run into any problems. There are over 15,000 questions and I did see some repeated in a very short time of playing. Again, not exactly a problem, but it would be if I saw all the questions before. It only works in landscape mode. That’s not a problem, just something to know.
Consumer Review Rating = 5 There aren’t a lot of reviews at this time and this rating may go down over time, but I expect it will hold in the four range.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Playing games that challenge your mind and memory are good for your health. Trivia games are ones that most people can play as they have knowledge gained from life.
How does it work?
- The first screen you see has a number of icons and buttons. A) New game (center); B) Scores (center); C) A cart that allows you to upgrade the app and remove ads (top right); D) Options to find out more about the developers, share or like the app (bottom right); E) Rules (left bottom); F) Music on or off (top right).
- When you push NEW GAME you start seeing questions. You see four possible answers. You can tap the answer you believe is correct or try one of the help features.
- The PEOPLE icon allows you to see the answers of others by percentage. A reminder, just because the percentage is the highest doesn’t mean that answer is correct.
- The PERCENT SIGN icon removes two answers.
- The PHONE icon gives you the answer of a friend. I have found these answers to be a mixed bag – which, I suppose is true of what would happen if you asked your friend for help.
- The SCORES icon gives you the top scores for today, this week and all time. It is part of the Game Center app.
As I mentioned, I enjoy playing the game and testing myself to see how much of history, art or science I know. I have discovered that my knowledge of pop culture and music is poor. Have you tried this app? What is your strongest subject?
Devices: This app is compatible with the iPad, iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5) and iTouch (3rd, 4th and 5th generations). It requires iOS 5.01 or later. This app was developed by iRafa Studio.