Total Score: 28.5
If you are in a weekly golf league, or just golf with your friends, you should take a look at the MyGolfLeaderboard app. You get real-time scoring, stats and handicap information easily at hand. And, of course, an easy way to keep track of who is in the lead. There are 15,000 courses to choose from, so get your clubs and your buddies and go out and try this app.
Price Rating = 5 $3.99. The price is reasonable when you consider the value for your money. If you have regular games or events, this app will be helpful and fun.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to add players and keep track of scores and stats. Best, of all, it’s easy to see who has the lead.
Readability Rating = 4 The font isn’t large on all screens, but it is completely readable. In case you are wondering, the screen is still readable in direct sunlight.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 If you are a golfer, you will find this app helpful. If you are an event leader, you will likely find this app invaluable.
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t run into any problems while testing the app.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 There aren’t a lot of ratings now (less than 30), and most are very positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 If golf is your hobby or your passion, then you know the value of score keeping. If competing is part of the equation, then having leader information always available will help you keep on top of your game.
How does it work?
- The first thing you need to do to get started is to either log-in through Facebook or set up a log-in using your email address. The process is simple. You then provide the name you want to use for the app. After that, you are ready to set up your game.
- The HOME tab (first icon on the left) allows you to resume a game, create a game, provides hints for getting started, has a link to USGA Handicap or Follow LeaderboardLive on TV (through Apple TV).
- The second icon, EVENT, is where you set up your event and game pairings. You name them, example: Tuesday Night League, then pick the course, the date and time. This information is saved for each week. You also add players on these screens.
- Once you have everything set up, you tap SCORECARD to bring up the players.
- Now, you start playing and enter your scores. You not only can record your strokes, but also record drives, GIR – Green in Regulation, Sand Saves, Scramble (all yes/no’s) and then number of putts.
- The SCOREBOARD brings up everyone’s scores.
- On the LEADERBOARDLIVE tab you see the leader board for your group. You have the option to share the information on Facebook or Twitter.
The obvious appeal to this app is that you can keep track of all the players in your event in a real-time environment. I like the clean design. It provides you with just the information you need at the time you need it. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Note: While I have golfed and watch professional golf, I would not consider myself an accomplished or experienced golfer. Any errors in descriptions are mine, and not a reflection of the capabilities of the app.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S and 5), iPod (4th and 5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 6.1 or later. The App was developed by Sports Data Systems, Inc.