Total Score: 25
Tired of holding your camera out in front of you to get group pictures? Wave Cam allows you to set your iPhone down, step back (or sit back) several feet and take a photo. All you do is wave. It’s great for group photos or more natural looking selfies. It’s so easy you’ll want to take more and more photos.
Price Rating = 5 99 cents. Not much cash needed for great functionality. This is another app that makes me ask, “Why didn’t Apple think of this?”
Ease of Use Rating = 5 There are only a couple of things to do and they are all easy. I give it a big thumbs up for ease of use.
Readability Rating = 5 All of the main instructions are plenty big. There are a few small fonts on the settings page, but nothing that slows you down.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I think you will find yourself taking even more and more photos since this makes group shots so easy.
Downsides Rating = 0 I couldn’t find any problems while I was testing. Do make sure you have a front-facing camera. That is a requirement.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 There are only about twenty ratings, but they are primarily good.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Capturing memories through photography is a good thing. Anything that makes it easier is a great thing.
How does it work?
- This app is one of the easiest I have ever tested. All you do is place the iPhone, iTouch (or iPad) in a stable place, step back and wave your hand over the icon. The camera counts down 1 – 2 – 3 and takes a photo.
- Once you have a photo, you tap the icon in the bottom left corner to do one of three things.
- Delete the photo. (See trash can icon in lower left)
- Apply a filter (palate icon in the middle)
- Share the photo (see paper airplane icon)
- You have a choice of 13 filters to apply to apply a slightly different color look. You can tap on the palate icon and swipe through the choices. Once you select a filter you can share the photo. (or share it without a filter)
- Tapping the paper airplane brings up a screen to share the photo to Twitter, Facebook, Assign it to a contact, Save it to the Camera Roll or Print it.
- If at any time you want to start over you just need to tap the camera icon in the top right hand corner.
- Tapping on the icon in the top left corner lets you see the photos you have taken.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone (4, 4S, 5) and iPad Touch (4th and 5th generation), iPad2 WiFi and iPad2 WiFi+3G, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad WiFi+4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad WiFi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini WiFi +Cellular. This app is optimiized for iPhone 5. It requires iOS 6.0 or later. App developed by BluxTouch