Total Score: 29
There isn’t a shortage of search engine apps, and you likely have a favorite. With that in mind, I suggest you try izik to enjoy a magazine-like experience. Your results are ordered in a way that is helpful and attractive and always graphic. After trying it, you may change your search engine preference to izik. It’s fun and provides results. What more could you ask for?
Price Rating = 5 Free.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is as easy as any search engine.
Readability Rating = 5 The font sizes are easy to read.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 This could potentially become something you use every day.
Downsides Rating = 0 I haven’t discovered any downsides.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 There have not been a lot of reviews, but most have been positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 4 You don’t need another search engine app. You could stick with the safari search, but this does deliver a more attractive response to searches than most others.
How does it work?
- Like any search engine app, you type your search terms in the search window. What is different is in how it is returned.
- You can scroll up and down to see the different categories, or take a shortcut by tapping on the tabs at the bottom of the screen. These tabs vary depending on the search. You will always see, LOOKING FOR and TOP RESULTS. You may also see images, TV, Movies, Quick Answer and others.
- Within each category you swipe right and left to see additional articles.
- Tapping on a category will show a more complete screen where you can scroll up and down.
- If you are interested in an article, you tap on it to bring it to full-screen. From there you can share it through Facebook and Twitter, or save it to Pocket or Instapaper. You can also email it, open it in safari, send the link via message or print it.
- You can swipe right to open a list of what you have searched for as well as the topics currently trending. You can also get to this information by tapping on the three lines at the top left of the screen.
- There is a nice demo in the top right hand corner to help you understand all the features.
The apps slogan is “Type less – get more.” I think it’s pretty accurate. It is also about time someone made searching a bit more fun.
Devices: This app is designed for the iPad. It requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app was developed by Blekko, Inc.