Total Score: 28.5
7 Little Words is a simple, but challenging word game. This app offers you an opportunity to boost your brain power while having fun. The simple design and functionality allow you to get started playing quickly.
Price Rating = 5 Free. With no cost you have a daily puzzle. Each puzzle stays open for three days. In-app purchases ranging between 99 cents to $2.99 provide offer more puzzle options.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 The instructions are simple and you can start playing quickly.
Readability Rating = 4 The font used for the clues is a little small on the iPhone, but really nicely sized on the iPad.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 It’s an easy game to pick up and play.
Downsides Rating = 0 I haven’t discovered any during my test period. Some reviewers commented they lost their purchases after an upgrade. I’m sure the company is working on this problem.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 With 50,000 reviews the votes are in – this is a great game.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 As I have mentioned in other reviews, games give us an opportunity to exercise our brain. Check out this Prevention.com article about the value of word games.
How does it work?
- When you open the app you see three daily puzzles. One for the current date and the other two are for the two previous days.
- You tap on the one you wish to try to download the puzzle.
- You will see seven word clues and your task is to select the two, three, or four letter word combinations to solve the puzzle.
- Example: Clue, “Get back something lost.” Six letters.
- Answer: Combine RE – CO- and UP to solve the puzzle with recoup.
- You tap each part of the word and when you have a word that looks good to you, you tap “Guess.”
- Sometimes it helps to move the letter combinations around. You can do that by tapping on SHUFFLE.
- If the clue doesn’t help you, you can ask for a hint, by tapping GET A HINT at the bottom of the screen. You can use the hint feature a limited amount of times for free. Unlimited hints can be purchased for $2.99. The hint will show you the first letter, the first tile or the entire solution.
- When you solve all the clues you see the smiley face and a WELL DONE.
This game provides you with some mental stimulation and rewards you when you resolve all the clues. Try it and let me know what you think.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It requires iOS 3.0 or later. App developed by Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.