Total Score: 29.5
We talk about the weather because it impacts our lives. It’s that simple and that’s why there are so many apps out there to help us find out the weather at any moment. I’ve reviewed a number of them but have found one that provides me just what I need on a day-by-day, hour-by-hour basis. That app, Climate Clock, displays the temperature on an analog clock. It allows you to see the weather now – and for the next ten hours.
Price Rating = 5 99 cents – this is a 50% off introductory offer. The price could go up. I know we like all apps to be free, but this one is certainly worth the buck it costs. I would download it soon to take advantage of this offer.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 This is a gesture based app with all the information you need easily at hand.
Readability Rating = 5 The hourly temperatures are a little small, but still readible. The current temperature is a good size.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I use it often and keep it on my home screen.
Downsides Rating = 0 I have been using it for almost a week and haven’t found any issues with it.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 There have been over 200 ratings and it has been well received by users.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 I have a lot of outside activities and knowing the weather is important to me. I think you will find it helpful as well.
How does it work?
- When you open the app it asks if you will allow it to capture your location. If you say yes it sets up the weather information for your location.
- A swipe to the right brings you to SETTINGS.
- You can set either the neon, noir or blanc theme. The neon is colorful, noir is black and blanc is white.
- You can choose to either set the temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- You can select “icon badge temperature” and the current temperature will appear in the corner of the icon.
- You will find LOCATIONS with a swipe to the right. You just tap LOCATIONS on the SETTINGS screen. You can add more cities to keep track of the weather near friends or family. You can also do a quick add of a location by swiping to the left.
- Tapping anywhere on the screen changes from temperature to rain/snow or wind speed information.
- If you swipe up from the bottom you will see the high/low temperatures for ten days. There are also indicators over each of these temperatures to show whether it will be cloudy, rainy/snowy or sunny.
- It is not an clock and while it does show the current time, does not have clock functionality like alarms.
I have been recommending Climate Clock to my friends and family and heard a lot of positive comments. When it comes to heavy storm activity I will probably move to an app with radar information, but for day-to-day, this one is perfect. Let me know what you think when you download it.
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5), iPod Touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation) and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone5. It requires iOS 4.3 or later. It was developed by 2013 oringe llc