Total Score: 28.5
If you want to give your wallpaper a personal touch, you should try Wallpapers HD. It allows you to select a wallpaper that fits your interest, your mood, matches your cover or expresses anything you want to on any given day. There is an iPad and iPhone version so you can make your devices match or give each one a personality.
Price Rating = 5 Free. There is an in-app purchase opportunity that allows you to search. There are many wallpapers to choose from, you may want this feature.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It’s easy to use. You can view the wallpapers one at a time or four at a time.
Readability Rating = 5 The fonts are a readable on the iPhone and larger on the iPad. There is no difficulty seeing them.
Will You Use It Rating = 4 It’s not something you would use every day, but I do like to give my devices different looks, so I can imagine using it fairly regularly.
Downsides Rating = 0 I haven’t found anything that detracts from the app.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 There are almost 5,000 reviews and they are primarily positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 I find it a little boring to keep the same background, so for me, this is something I need. And, I like to change covers, so being able to match the background to my cover is a perk.
How does it work?
- When you open the app it will ask if it’s okay to allow location services. I see no reason to allow this so I said no.
- When it opens you see a screen with four possible backgrounds (or nine on the iPad). You can narrow the list down several ways. Using the top buttons, you can choose to see RECENT, POPULAR or RANDOM options. You can scroll through the options by using the left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen or by simply swiping left or right.
- You can narrow your choices even further by tapping on the ALL button in the center of the bottom row. From there you can choose to see animals, anime, brands, calendars, cartoons and more.
- Once you find a photo you like, you tap on it to bring it to full screen size. In this mode you see an icon that is two UP arrows. You tap on it and have a choice of downloading, rating or sharing. If you choose download it asks you whether you want it fitted for full. Once you make your selection, it downloads the photo to your photo library.
- You can share through email, Facebook, Twitter, Text Message or Copy Share URL. It creates a “Check out this Wallpaper” message.
- If you run into any problem downloading the photos, go to Settings →Privacy →Photos to make sure Wallpapers HD shows “On.” Without this setting, you will not be able to download photos.
The app is easy to use and you could spend an hour looking at all the photos and finding the one that expresses your personality. Try it out – it’s fun!
Devices: This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It requires iOS 3.0 or later. This app was developed by StuckPixel, Inc.