Total Score: 29.5
I am a list maker, and my iPhone and iPad have certainly added to my ability to keep track of things, but when I found this specialized travel checklist I knew I found something that would be a must-have for organizing my travel experiences. I am not an adventurous traveler, so if I forget anything I can usually replace it at a local store. All I face is an inconvenience and a loss of time. But what if the thing I forgot was something that was critical to the experience – like a special dress for a wedding. That can move forgetting something from an inconvenience to a major disappointment. Don’t let that happen, let the Essential Travel Checklist for iPhone and iPad help you keep track of everything you want to do before you go and everything you want to take with you.
Price Rating = 5 $1.99. This is a reasonable price when you explore the functionality offered.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to add or delete tasks or lists. The navigation is very intuitive.
Readability Rating = 5 It is a nice readable, bold font.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I think it will become an invaluable app to make travel planning easy.
Downsides Rating = 0 The only downside, and it is minor, is the iPad and iPhone do not sync. So, choose which one you want to use.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 At the moment, there are about eighty reviews, they are very positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Peace of mind when you are planning a trip and traveling can take some of the stress out of the trip and allow you to enjoy your time away from home. That is a simple sentence, but an important concept.
How does it work?
- When you open the app, you see a number of preloaded lists. They are the ones you might logically use — To Do Before Trip, Keep in Carry-on Bag, Car Trips, To Pack for Me etc. You can tap the EDIT button at the top right to reorder the lists. All you do is hold the three lines on the right of the list and drag it into any position you like. The EDIT icon has other uses, but we will get to those later.
- You can add a list just by tapping the PLUS icon in the top left corner of the list of checklists. When you tap the PLUS icon, a window opens to allow you to give your new list a name.
- Once you have your lists in the order you want you can open them and start editing. By tapping the EDIT icon you can check or uncheck all items.
- You can add items in one of two ways. For the iPad, you click the PLUS icon in the top left. When you click the PLUS icon, a keyboard appears and you can add an item. When you finish adding the item, you tap DONE. To add the next item you tap the PLUS icon again. To speed things up a little you can tap the PLUS icon a number of times, it will add the check boxes, and all you have to do is fill in the blanks next to the boxes.
- Adding items on the iPhone is similar to how it is done on the iPad. To add items you tap the PLUS at the bottom center of the screen.
- Beside each check list is the number of items you want to pack and how many remain unpacked. This helps you keep on track as to what you need to do.
- The iPad and the iPhone display are slightly different due to the amount of landscape on the iPad. For the iPhone, the main screen is the list of checklists. You navigate to a list by tapping on it. If you are in a list, you can tap the left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen to move between checklists. For the iPad, the screen is large enough to include the list of checklists and the items. Moving between lists is a simple as tapping on a different list.
- On the iPad, there is an option to make the font bigger. The FONT icon is next to the PLUS icon at the top left corner of every checklist. It changes the font in all lists, not just the one you selected.
As I mentioned above, I am a list maker. Having this icon preloaded with many of the common items used when traveling is going to save me time and help me organize my trip. I joke that I am always either on a trip or planning one, so this app is going to come in handy. It makes me want to travel more! Have you made the switch from paper lists to lists on your iPhone or iPad? Maybe now is the time.
Devices: This app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 5.0 or later. It is optimized for the iPhone 5. App developed by TLA Investments LLC.