Total Score: 29
I have been ignoring alarm clock apps for a long time. Apple made a perfectly good one, why would I need another one? Well, I read about Alarm Clock – One Touch Pro and how there had been millions of downloads for the previous version and thought I’d give it a try. It is so easy to set an alarm. I’m sold on this app, I will be using it as my primary alarm clock.
Price Rating = 5 Free.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is the easiest alarm I have ever used.
Readability Rating = 5 The great part about this app is there isn’t a lot of reading to do. The font size is good. It’s a little small when you turn on the “Display Alarm Time” feature, but still readable.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 With an alarm function this easy you’ll use it for your morning alarm and for setting timers.
Downsides Rating = 0 I haven’t found anything that would detract from the rating.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 There have been about 125 reviews and they are almost all positive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 A good alarm clock is pretty much an essential.
How does it work?
- There are two screens. One is the clock and the other is used to personalize the settings.
- The first thing you do is tap the dots at the bottom right of the screen to go to the settings screen. Here you can set the volume, allow snooze (toggle off or on), allow music alarms (toggle off and on) and choose the song to replace the alarm beep.
- I would recommend you toggle the “display alarm time” to the on position.
- Once you finish defining the settings, you tap done.
- Setting the alarm is as easy as touching the screen and moving the green hand to wherever you want it to go. If you set the “display alarm time” option on the settings screen, you will see the time as you move the hand.
- When you set an alarm, the dot at the top left of the screen turns green.
- You can dim the screen by swiping down with one finger. You can dim it a little or go all the way to almost completely dark.
- It can display in portrait or landscape.
- If you want to use it as a reminder alarm, it can work in the background.
I am happy with my new alarm clock and I wake up to Abba’s “Dancing Queen” each morning. I also know that changing songs is as easy as going to the settings page. Is it possible to grow tired of Abba?
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Touch (3rd and 4th generation) or iPad. It requires iOS 4.0 or later. App developed by Zuhanden GmbH.