It is important to set a pass code on your iPhone and iPad. More and more apps ask for and use your personal information. Should you ever lose your device (horrors), the person who “finds” it would have access to that information. You can choose to add a simple or complex password. Here are the steps for both.
- Open the “Settings” icon.
- Tap on “General”
- Scroll down to “Passcode Lock” and click on it.
- Enter a Four Digit code and repeat when asked.
To create a more complex passcode:
- Toggle “Simple Passcode” to the off position.
- Enter your current passcode.
- Type in the alphanumeric code you would like to use.
- Repeat when asked.
A simple passcode could likely be broken by a hacker. Especially if you use something easy like your street address or part of your phone number. Using an alphanumeric code is much harder to break. And, honestly, potentially harder to remember.