Total Score: 29
I don’t mind paying for an app if it makes my life easier or is just fun to use. However, I really like getting a deal. Many developers allow their apps to be free or at reduced cost for short amounts of time. Finding them would just be luck if not for apps like Apps Gone Free. I don’t download a new app every day, but usually three to four times a week. I doubt you want that many apps, but my job (and my passion) is testing apps. Apps Gone Free has helped me discover some really great apps. I suggest you give it a try.
Price Rating = 5 Free. A free app that helps you find free apps. What could be better?
Ease of Use Rating = 5 The graphics are clear and it is easy to review the app offers.
Readability Rating = 5 Reasonable size font on the iPhone and you can make it larger if you are using an iPad.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 It does not take long to review the apps of the day, so it is easy to use.
Downsides Rating = 0 I have not found anything that detracts from the usability of the app.
Consumer Review Rating = 5 With over 11,000 reviews, the rating is five stars. That is a very impressive vote of confidence from the users.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 There are over 500,000 apps. You cannot possibly find the best bargains every day. Why not take advice from one of the experts.
How does it work?
- Each day you get a message letting you know the app has been updated with the latest offers.
- You scroll through and look for anything interesting. If you choose one you see information similar to what you see in iTunes, which helps you make your choice.
- If you are interested, you can click “get it in the app store” and be connected to iTunes. From there it is up to you – buy the app or not.
- If you look at an app’s info and decide not to buy it or look into iTunes, you can click “Index” in the top left corner and you will be returned to the list of apps.
- At the bottom of the list is an option to look at previous issues.
- The app is updated if an offer expires.
If saving money and time appeal to you, download this app.
Devices: This app can be used on either the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It requires iOS 4.2 or later. App developed by AppAdvice LLC