Total Score: 29.5
Most people struggle with time management. I would certainly include myself in that group. I have multiple projects and tasks that need to be accomplished and I sometimes spend too much time on one task and fail to leave enough for the next. They are equally important, but I do not devote the appropriate resources to each. That problem may just be at an end. With the 30/30 app, you can determine how much time you plan to spend on each task and receive a reminder when it is time to switch. I can see that this would also help you understand how much time each task takes. This app is so much more than a timer.
Price Rating = 5 Free. The cost to you is free, but at some point as you use the app it will ask you how much it is worth. You have the option of agreeing to pay through an in-app purchase. I like this concept a lot. If it is valuable to me – and I suspect it will be – I am more than willing to pay for it.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It could not be easier to use. It is all gesture based. It is similar to the app Clear.
Readability Rating = 5 The fonts are a good size on the iPhone and huge on the iPad. There will be no eyestrain with this app.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 I believe you will find this app to be extremely helpful in managing your time. It is not for someone who wants to time one task. It can do that, but it will be most helpful when managing multiple tasks.
Downsides Rating = 0 I have not discovered any yet.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 The users of this app are very positive about it. It is a new app and some people did report a few bugs.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Managing your time well helps you to feel satisfied at the end of the day. It is a good day when you know you used your time wisely.
How does it work?
- When you first launch the app you are given a small tutorial. Once you get through that, you get to the main screen. Tasks already appear on the screen explain how it works. The first explains that colored things are tasks. You will see the name, “Colored Things are tasks,” a time and a symbol. In the case of the sample task, the symbol is a keyboard and the time is 30 minutes.
- You touch and move the tasks up and down using the classic drag and drop method.
- You swipe a task to delete it.
- You double tap to edit.
- You pinch apart to create. Once the creation window opens, you type the name of the task and choose a symbol that represents your task. You can slide the timer bar on each new task to set the allotted time.
- You tap the dial on an active project to start the timer.
- You touch and hold the dial to pause or stop the time in an active task. And tap it again to resume the timer.
This simple app can help you organize the tasks you need to do within the time you have to do them. That was a simple sentence, but a profound concept. I have been using this app today to manage the time I take to write and post reviews along with the occasional break. It is working well and I expect to use this app daily.
Devices: Designed by Binary Hammer, LLC, this app is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and requires iOS 4.2 or later.