Total Score: 28.5
Zappos.com has made a name for themselves in the online shoe world by their quick service and easy returns. Now, with this Zappos Mobile iPhone or iPad app, you can shop more easily and add to your shoe wardrobe. The app allows you to shop anytime you have a few minutes of free time and want to invest into the world of shoes.
Price Rating = 5 Free. It is normal for business sponsored apps to be free
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to move around in the app and the functionality of the app helps narrow your search .
Readability Rating = 5 The font size is great on the iPad and acceptable on the iPhone.
Will You Use It Rating = 5 Zappos is a great online shoe company. If you like shoes, you will use this app.
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t identify any.
Consumer Review Rating = 4.5 At the time of this review, there are close to 35,900 ratings and the average is four and one-half stars. That’s pretty impressive.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 4 If you love shoes you probably already shop at Zappos.com. This app adds additional shoe buying opportunities.
How does it work?
- The iPad app main screen provides you with some items on sale, and more importantly, allows you to choose between Shoes, Clothing, Bags, Beauty, at Home and What’s New. The iPhone main screen is, reasonable, more compressed, you see an A-Z brand choice, Shoes and Clothing.
- On the iPad, once you make your selection, you are offered another choice. For shoes, you see Women’s, Men’s, Girls’, Boys’ and Specialty. A similar choice is offered for clothing. If you selected Bags you would see a choice of Handbags, Backpacks, Luggage, Wallets, Briefcases, Outdoor Bags and Diaper Bags. If you selected Beauty you would see Fragrances, Makeup, Skin Care or Hair care. The What’s New selection offers you choices between New Shoes, New Clothing, New Bags, New Accessories or New Housewares. Again, things are a little more compressed on the iPhone, but the general functionality remains the same. You make choices and are given additional choices to narrow the search.
- The number of choices goes on. For shoes they are subdivided into types of shoes. For example you could choose between boots, flats, heels, sneakers – and the list goes on. For clothing you would see tops, bottoms, jackets & coats, etc. In other words, the app has you select sub-sets of your target in order to limit the list. In some products there are even more subsets. This allows you to have a better shopping experience and not have to sort through items that don’t interest you.
- When you finally get to the subset that interests you there are photos of products and prices. Choose one of these and get a full description, the ability to zoom in on the product, and many times a video of the product. You can see multiple photos of your product. You will also see the choice of colors (if that is appropriate), details, consumer reviews and information about the brand. And, of course, you will see an option to add it to your shopping cart. On the iPhone you will see the photo and the price and then need to click on an arrow on the right to get additional info.
- If you had a specific brand you wanted you could also search by that. Then you could add additional filters to narrow your choice like gender, price and color. You can also sort by price and most popular.
- Once you have selected your product you simply check out. It is very similar to an internet experience.
I do love shoes and these apps make my shopping experience very enjoyable. Do you use this app to shop at Zappos – or are you an online only shopper?
Devices: This app is compatible with the iPad, iTouch and iPhone. It requires iOS 3.0 or later. This app was developed by Zappos.com, Inc.