Total Score: 27
I have been searching for an app that would help me manage my work and personal tasks all in one easy-to-use format. Schedule Planner Pro for iPad or iPhone does just that. I always have my iPhone with me, so looking for an app to keep track of tasks and appointments, just makes sense. Through color-coding, you can easily tell at a glance what is in store for you today.
Price Rating = 4 $6.99 for the iPhone or iTouch and $8.99 for the iPad – this is pricey, but does provide you with an excellent way to keep track of tasks. The free version offers some of the features, but not the important calendar integration. You could start out with the free version and then upgrade to take advantage of the other features.
Ease of Use Rating = 5 It is easy to add tasks by category. You fill in a couple of fields and you are done.
Readability Rating = 5 The font size is appropriate – there isn’t any really small text.
Will You Use It Rating = 4 This is a good way to keep track of your schedule. It does involve adding tasks and noting when they are complete. If you have a commitment to keeping track of your tasks, then you will use this. Commitment is the key issue with this app.
Downsides Rating = 0 I didn’t identify any.
Consumer Review Rating = 4 This is a relatively new product and has close to six hundred ratings at this review time. It has received a good response from users.
Why Do You Need This App Rating = 5 Staying organized allows you to feel in control of your life. That’s a pleasant feeling and worth the time it takes to plan your day.
How does it work?
- There are five tabs at the bottom of the screen – Tasks, Charts, Calendar, Statistics and Settings.
- Your first step is to click the settings tab and choose to sync with either your Google or iOS calendar. Then you download your calendar items into the app. It will ask you to set categories – work, home, health, etc. and appointments will be added to your app and dots on the app calendar will show your mix of things to do.
- Your next step is to add tasks. You fill in the blanks – category, title, time from and to, alarm (yes/no), repeat (yes/no), and add any notes. If you set an alarm, you will receive a iPhone reminder – something that will help you keep tabs of what you plan to do.
- Using the statistics tab you can send yourself an email .csv file of your planned tasks and actual tasks. This will help in resource planning.
- If you click on the charts tab, it can show you how much of your day is devoted to each activity – you can even create sleep as a task.
- You can order your tasks by start time, end time, duration or category.
- There other features you can use – copying tasks to actual or setting tasks to repeat every day (like sleep).
I tested the iPhone app only. I would expect the iPad app to be even more easy to use, but to my mind, a task list belongs on the device that is closest at hand all the time. For me, that’s an iPhone. I am sure I have not fully explored all the options. I can say that the most helpful features for me were the alarm notifications and the ability to repeat tasks. Schedule Planner Pro gives you a fair number of options to choose from, which does make it better than many of the other to do list type apps. Is it time you get started organizing your life?
Devices: This app is compatible with the iPhone, iTouch and iPad. It requires iOS 4.2 or later. This app was developed by Intersog, LLC.